Nowadays, every new day brings innovative construction ideas that are why new materials are being developed in the market. Furthermore, manufacturers of construction materials are evolving thereby and providing new versions of materials like plaster. Plastering buildings is a technique that is used from an early age to protect them from unfavorable weather conditions and for increasing their durability and strength. In primitive times, people utilized mud for this purpose. The pyramid of Egypt is one of the greatest examples of the perfection of plasterwork. Plaster is composed of sand, lime or gypsum, and water content. It is used as a protective coating for roofs and canopies. Aside from safety, it is also deployed for decorative purposes as well. In building making, only after plastering, exact appearance becomes visible and further interior work is initiated. Moreover, it satisfies innumerable objectives from healing broken bones to broken ceilings, etc.
Basic Functions of Plastering
- Protection: – Plaster is a thick paste made up from sand, gypsum, and water or by mixing sand and cement. POP suppliers in India assure us that it is prepared in such a way to provide utmost safety to walls, rooftops, ceilings, etc from dust and pollution and also protects from atmospheric conditions.
- Decorative Purpose:- Actually, only after plastering appearance looks clean, smooth, and beautiful which is ready to be decorated further with paints or other accessories. For using tiles on walls also, it requires to be plastered first.
- Repairing Defects: – Plaster is a strong and thick substance that is capable to repair or conceal defects in building structures due to alignment like leveling or cracks etc.
Several Advantages Offered By Plastering Are As Follows:-
- Durability: – Plaster of Paris supplier claims it as durable to be used for centuries and it doesn’t need much care. And it has more strength than drywall which can break into pieces if it gets hit hard. Additionally, it is not even water and fire-resistant.
- On the contrary, plaster is hard and thick enough to tolerate any damage whether fire or water. However, plaster can get a little bit of harm at the installation time which can be avoided by taking services from the professional.
- Sound Proof: – Owing to the density and quality of plaster, it is more preferable as compared to drywall because it offers the advantage of being soundproof. As metropolitan cities have a high density of population where a large number of people living in a small area, privacy becomes a matter of utmost importance. Therefore, rooms that are audio free are chosen by more people as it absorbs sound. Another sphere where the plaster is beneficial is theatres or clubs.
Moreover, the acoustics of plaster walls are also different and therefore, it provides a recording studio environment, hence are selected by musicians and other artists.
Furthermore, it can be deduced from the overall composition of plaster and its major advantages, that plaster usage is inevitable in today’s construction business. From building schools, libraries, banks, hospitals to constructing houses, mansions, or small shops, plaster utilization is mandatory as well as it also serves the purpose of decoration. Therefore, plastering is one of the best decisions which can be applied by the construction industry owing to its innumerable favorable uses.