All the qualities of white cement are the same as those of grey cement, except for colour and fineness. To make this cement, more than the raw materials used to make it also affect its colour. In this piece, we’ll talk about how things are made, how they can be used, and how they can be better.
Manufacturing of white cement:
However, the selection of raw materials is an essential step in making white cement, even though making grey cement is the same as for white cement. You can see these oxides in the cement because they are made up of chromium, manganese, and other metal oxides. They also include iron and copper vanadium, nickel, and titanium. These basic materials are used in the most minuscule amounts possible in making white cement. Stones like limestone and clay are essential raw materials in making white cement, and they are used in massive quantities. It’s almost the same process for making OPC cement as it is for making regular cement. The main differences are that the amount of heat needed to burn raw materials is more and that the fineness of the end product is more excellent.
White cement is used in a lot of different ways:
- It is used in high-end construction projects, as well as for looks.
- Inorganic pigments are used to make coloured concrete and mortars. This makes the concrete and mortars look very bright.
- Aesthetic reasons include making buildings look good, making floors, and making things like idols out of concrete. On the other hand, grey cement is more structural and darker in colour. It is used mainly for building.
- For this reason, it is often used on roads. In addition, it helps people see highway medians because it has a high reflectivity.
- When it comes to making precast concrete parts, white cement is also used in a lot of cases. It is possible to make precast parts that look good with white cement.
- These materials are also often used to make cast stones that have a good look.
- A lot of white cement costs a lot, so it’s only used in small amounts because it costs so much.
- With white cement, there are a lot of good reasons to use it in building projects.
The things made of white cement can be reused for something else after they are no longer helpful.
- In some cases, before painting the walls, white cement-based wall putty can be used to fill in the gaps between cement plastered and concrete walls. This will allow the defects to be concealed while the paint is drying.
- Also, the tinted white cement is very easy to make and apply, and it doesn’t need any extra paint when it’s done.
- The density of concrete makes it better at insulating against heat than other materials, like wood.
- White cement used on both the inside and outside of buildings helps cut the cost of lighting and saves energy by allowing light to reflect correctly.
- The EPA says that the use of white cement-based products, like rooftop pavers and light-coloured pavers in driveways and other places, may help reduce the urban heat island effect.
It is recommended that one should only buy from trustworthy white cement suppliers.