If you want to give your home a new and fresh feel, painting is the ideal way to improve your home’s ambience. Doing painting in the right period will keep your house clean and brand new. Nevertheless, not just painting, but some things make the paint finish better.
Wall putty gives shine to your painting, makes it solid and also saves money.Wall putty is necessary when it comes to perfect finish before applying paint. Wall putty is usually nothing but the high plasticity materials which are identical in clay or dough texture. It provides a smooth protective foundation for application of the paint.This allows for the implementation of certain types of colours over the walls. Putty comes in various colours and with varying consistencies. The positive thing is that not only exterior wall putty, but it also can be applied on the interior walls.
Your wall can look uneven even after application of expensive paint. They need to cover this rough surface with putty. Wall putty may be used to cover after problems or defects:
- Hair cracks and pinholes on walls
- Uneven and rough cement plaster on the wall
- Discoloured patches
- Dampness on wall
- Effloresces on walls
- Cracking due to the ageing of walls
- Peeling of old paint
The beforementioned defects make your walls hideous, dull and uneven. So first recognize all of these issues on your wall before you start your house painting. Wall putty application before paint application lets you achieve smooth, clean, polished, and beautiful surfaces for all paint styles. When irregular due to faulty plaster, the surface finish is improved.
To apply the putty on the wall, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the surface is clean and dry until you start putting putty on the wall. The surface will be free from dust, loose particles or contaminants of some other sort. Using sandpaper or wire brush to scrape the loose piece.
- Mix the putty with water as specified by the manufacturer.
- For around 10-15 minutes, continuously stir by hand or an electric putty mixer until it gets a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- Apply a coat of primer before putty is added to the board. Then use a putty knife or spatula to spread the first coat of putty from bottom to top manner. Let it to dry for at least 8 hours.
- Apply a second coat of putty after the initial amount of putty get cleaned and dry it for hours. When the putty dries full, using sandpaper to eliminate unevenness.
Types of Putty
White Cement putty
It is manufactured using a blend of white cement, minerals, and polymer. This is applied to objects inside as well as outside, such as plastered walls, ceilings etc. It fits almost all styles of paint.
Acrylic Wall Putty
It is a water-based wall putty made of a combination of white pigments, extenders, medium of acrylic emulsion and additives. It is ideally suited to surfaces indoors.
Wall putty is a perfect foundation for plastered walls and cement or concrete ceilings. Many wall putty companies in India offer the best quality product.It provides consistency which is water-resistant. Since the wall putty application provides a smooth paint surface, it improves the covering potential of the material.