Purpose Of Plaster And Its Benefits
Over the years the construction industry has gotten a lot more revolutionized than ever. New technology, methods, and advancements have been emerging to make the whole construction process better and effective. One such technique is using plaster. Plaster is a coating done on walls or ceilings or in other cases on other materials to make it smooth. It is usually made up of lime, gypsum, or cement. One can find gypsum plaster manufacturers and buy from them. It is in the form of powder. It’s mixed with water and applied. It gets dried up very fast and hardens quickly. It was been widely used owing to its multiple benefits and advantages.
Purposes of plaster-
- Protection on walls and ceilings: Plaster act as a protector of walls and ceilings. It is used to keep the quality of walls and ceilings intact. Thus, it helps in the long and healthy life of walls and ceilings.
- For decoration purposes: It is used for decoration purposes. The pieces that are made using plaster are very solid and rigid. They have grace and remain intact for a very long period. Thus, they make the pieces worth the price since they will stay in the long run.
- Aesthetic touch: The kind of finishing that plaster gives is unmatched. It gives the smoothness to walls and ceilings. This helps in adding grace to the work done on the walls and ceilings.
- For sculptures: Plaster is used to build sculptures and monuments. It can be used for metal carvings and sculptures which can be used as a decorative material.
- Safe: Plaster is fire resistant. So that’s why it is used in many buildings and other construction avenues to provide safety against hazards of fire. Also, it is used as a coating on wood and metal materials or sculptures to avoid the risk of fire.
However, some precautions must be taken while applying plaster such as-
- All the fittings and electricity work need to be done before applying the plaster.
- A firm and solid bond is required between background and plaster coat.
- After applying plaster, finishing should be done to give neatness and smoothness to the texture.
- All the fittings on the wall should be protected while the application of plaster.
This is different from putty in the sense that wall putty is used to repair the walls or fills the cracks if any. However, plaster is used similarly but mostly for decorative purposes. Wall putty breaks easily but plaster stays hardened for a very long period. Wall putty is used on dry walls but plaster is used for basically decorating and finishing purposes. Though both are almost the same but they serve a whole different purpose.
Thus, plaster forms an integral part of the construction ventures. Its benefits are huge. It should be used in the proper way of keeping precautions in mind for better results and effectiveness. There are many plaster suppliers available in the market with different qualities of plaster. After proper scrutiny regarding its composition, one can choose the best gypsum plaster suppliers and buy from them.