Trimurti AAC Block Joining Mortar is a ready to mix, selfcuring cementitious mortar for laying of AAC, CLC, Hollow concrete block and bricks.
It's a factory made premixed mortar blended with carefully selected raw materials such as graded sand, mineral binders and ordinary Portland cement (OPC) in combination with selected polymeric additives which help in providing mechanical bond and adhesion between the blocks and block to surface. Designed for use with water to produce high strength thixotropic mortar.
Trimurti Block Joining Mortar manufactured by following strict quality norms and is in compliance with C 1660-09 ASTM standards (www.astm.org), a worldwide standard followed for thin bed mortar for autoclaved aerated concrete masonry that meets the requirements of National and International standards.
High Strength (Tensile Splitting Strength)
Optimally polymerized Trimurti provides additional bond strength apart from the mechanical sandcement bonding due to hydration retainer compounds which gives solid robust wall with long lasting durability.
Flexible & Improved Workability
Due to added polymers it results in improved quality, water retention and open time of mortar.
Coverage (In 30Kg)
1 Cubic Meter Block, with Thickness of 3mm.
Fast Construction and Higher Productivity
Trimurti is a timely setting mortar which allows uninterrupted block mounting which is far lower in time than conventional and ordinary mortars combined with qualities of good workability spread of material and no need of curing Trimurti increases speed of construction - only 24 to 48 hrs required before next stage like plastering.
It is specially formulated and tested to be in compliance with ASTM C 1660-09 and gives the confidence to the consumer of a product based on researched standards.
No curing required after block work is done, thus saving critical resources like water.
Less Storage Space
Trimurti Block Joining Mortar mix is ready to mix product there by eliminating need for bulk storage of sand and cement.
Due to measured application and thin bed. the wall construction is accurate.
Withstand Hammering and Chiseling
Trimurti are able to withstand the hammering and chiseling required to be done for window, door frames and conducting after 48-72 hours.
DIRECTIONS TO USE
- Pre-wet the blocks and ensure it is touch dry before thin bed block joining masonry is applied.
- The surface for mounting must be throughly cleaned of all dust, loose materials, oil grease etc.
- Ensure that surface is at, structurally sound and free from any other contamination which would reduce the bond strength.
- The surface should be free from voids, holes and cracks.
Gradually add 3 parts of powder to 1 part of water (by volume) Take water in the container and slowly add the powder into water while mixing by hand or slow speed mixing machine.
Mix for 3 to 5 minutes till a smooth thixotropic mix without lumps is obtained, resulting into good bonding strength with the blocks.
The best block jointing mortar manufacturer will suggest a few steps for surface preparation. They include –
- The base surface needs to be adequately cured before applying the ACC Block Joint Mortar.
- The surface should not have dust or loose particles. So, cleaning it thoroughly is highly critical.
- The surface has to be structurally clean and sound and free from efflorescence, grease, oil, dirt, or any other contaminant that has the potential to disrupt the natural bond.
- As suggested by the best AAC block suppliers India, surface defects like voids, holes, and cracks will have to be repaired before the application process.
The ACC mortar joint supplier in India suggests a few pointers for block layering.
- The first block course needs to be kept on a thick bed mortar mix that has 1:4 cement: sand ratio with 10 percent of water. The thickness should be around 0.5” to 2”. It will serve as a levelling pad for the first blocks. Care needs to be taken at this stage for ensuring that the blocks are level and plumb so that the construction further will be accurate and fast. Corner blocks will be laid out in the beginning, and the first course must be done before installing the second course.
- The separated scoops make sure a mortar bed is of 3 to 4 mm with a minimum effort. Choosing the correct scoop width for suiting the thickness of the blocks is necessary. When it comes to wider blocks, more than two lines of mortar can be used with a narrow scoop.
- Filling the scoop with mortar is the next step. It needs to be held at an angle that does not allow the scoops’ wings to remain close to the block.
- Wiggle scoop as going up and along the bed face for ensuring good coverage all across the face. The scoop must be rinsed in water for preventing clogging or build-up.
- All the mortar joints, as well as perpends, will have to be filled.
- Get a mortared perpend close to a dry perpend and then tap firmly in a position with the help of a rubber mallet.
- Next, there is a need to tap the block very tightly using a rubber mallet for getting a tight fit in between the blocks. The excess mortar that squeezes out of the joint needs to be cleaned off.
- Lastly, it is necessary to check the vertical and horizontal level and adjust wherever needed. The mortar will begin to adhere firmly after about 5 to 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The shelf life of ACC Block Jointing Mortar when stored in a cool and dry place is of 6 months.
Unlike the other conventional mortar, adhesive for AAC blocks called ACC Block Jointing Mortar will not need curing in the normal environmental conditions.
The block jointing mortar manufacturers India suggests that you need to keep the weight of the material in mind and add about 35% of water with respect to the weight to keep the consistency perfect.
With a 40 Kg bag of ACC Block Jointing Mortar, you will be able to cover about 180-200 Sq. Ft. with a 4” or 200 mm thickness.
Yes, you can do that. However, using a notched trowel for applying ACC Block Jointing Mortar is recommended for the even distribution of the material on any of the lightweight AAC blocks.
A 2-3 mm thickness is ideal when you are planning to apply ACC Block Jointing Mortar for achieving the required strength.
Yes, the ACC Block Mortar suppliers say that the product is prepared in a way that will be useful with all kinds of lightweight blocks.