Types of Cement Primer to Fabricate your Office and Home
Cement Primer is formulated by copolymer emulsion and the combination of extenders and pigments, to ensure sealing of porous surfaces and deep penetration. It is of white color to give opacity to the primer. It is applicable on interior and exterior of the house, for priming of masonry works and plastered surfaces. It makes the surface less soakable. Cement Primer is used to form a bond between concrete surface and paint. It penetrates in the leaky surface and gives assurance of better coating and bond. It hides imperfections provide stable, smooth, even, and sealed foundation for paint. Different primers are needed for several functions and depend on the feature of the finishing.
Types of Cement Primer
If you want that indoor and outdoor surface of your house looks very nice, primer is the best option for it. There are 4 different types of primer used before painting such as:-
- Acrylic Primer- cement has good absorption element, so oil based primer does not provide the perfect surface for paint. That is why many primers are made up of water and acrylic, which absorb into cement and make bonding with the surface and build the best surface to apply paint.
- Epoxy Primer- It provides thin finish and creates a strong bond with the concrete. It is proficient to soak up into the cement and creates grip. Due to this, the Epoxy primer is very much durable and is most suitable for commercial or industrial buildings.
- Polyurethane Primer- This type of primer is best for surfaces with imperfections or stains. It provides strong grip to do paint on cement surfaces and is very opposed to damage.
- Silane Penetrating Sealer- It is perfect for outdoor use because the water-resistant property of Silane Penetrating Sealer and helps to protect cement from tremendous changes in temperature. It is also resistant to the consequences of biological and chemicals growth.
How to Apply
- Surface Preparation: Prepare the surface by sanding with the help of emery paper 180Q to remove dust, cracked and flaked paint, loose particles and wipe clean.
- Primer: Apply a coat of Cement Primer after thinning with water in the proportion of 1:1 by volume and let it dry for 6-8 hours.
- Putty: Fill indents for the smooth surface with a thin coat of Wall Putty and let it dry for 4-6 hours. Again sand the surface and wipe clean.
- Primer: Apply one more coat of Cement Primer and let it dry for 6-8 hours. Prior to the application of topcoat, sand the surface with the help of emery paper 320Q and wipe clean.
Cement Primer Water Based is very useful and gives a beautiful look to the surface. ITS advantages are as follows:-
- It can be used for interior and exterior application.
- It seals the pores of the surface.
- It gives adhesion and long life to paint.
- It is economical as it saves the cost of paint.
- It is water resistant.
It is available in the sizes like 1 liter, 4 Litre, 10 Litre & 20 Litre you can buy any of the quantity according to your need.